Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you should never skip it. Unfortunately, so many of us skip breakfast maybe just because they haven’t heard why you should always eat breakfast.
Breakfast quite literally means “the meal meant to break the fast”, supposedly from all the hours you spend sleeping, and skipping it is known to result in bad chain reactions throughout the body.
Eating breakfast on the go, or skipping it means missing out on vital nutrients, and you are actually spending more money on your morning sustenance than you realize.
Despite all these importance of breakfast, nearly a third of adults struggle to find time to eat it at home, according to a research by the Breakfast Cereal Information Service (BCIS).
Those who might be skipping breakfast could potentially be endangering their bodies, because quite lots of studies have shown that there are several vital reasons to eat breakfast every single morning, no matter what.
Benefits of a Good Breakfast
A healthy breakfast can help give you the following:
- Improved concentration and performance in the workplace, classroom or the boardroom
- More strength and endurance to engage in physical activities of the day
- Lowers your cholesterol levels. Reports warn that missing breakfast could raise your risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Eating breakfast at home will help you maintain a healthy body weight and listed below are vital reasons to eat breakfast every morning.
- Breakfast helps you maintain a healthy weight, and people who usually skip breakfast stand more risk of gaining more weight. Studies have shown that eating a breakfast high in protein not only helps you consume fewer calories throughout the rest of the day, but it can also help you indulge less in unhealthy foods urges.
- Eating a healthy breakfast can also help with weight loss, as it helps maintain your blood sugar levels and suppresses hunger and cravings later in the day.
- Breakfast strengthens your intellectual performance and improves your concentration and memory. It also enhances other mental abilities and can help improve your cognitive functions, including memory.
- Reactivate your digestive system with breakfast, since a good, healthy breakfast is important to kick-start the fat burning process and enhance your metabolism system.
- Reduce your anxiety with breakfast which often is easier on the digestion and metabolism than skipping and fasting.
- Breakfast enhances your physical performance, and supplies you with energy, keeping you always ready for the physical activities of the day.
- Breakfast Improves your mood and is actually good for improving your mood. It has a positive effect on cortisol, one of the primary stress hormones produced by the adrenal glands.
- Breakfast Improves your heart health.
We recommend eating mindfully, by paying attention to planning both what you eat and when you eat your meals and snacks, especially breakfast, in order to combat emotional eating.
Being “hungry” is a real health problem, and if you can get yourself into the habit of consuming breakfast in the morning, it is worth a lot for your health. Make the time because it is one very well spent.