According to a study that was conducted by Washington State University, garlic is 100times more effective than antibiotics at fighting foodborne disease-causing bacteria commonly responsible for illness, and garlic anti-viral potency is even more effective.
Allicin is one of garlic’s most highly valued sulfur compounds and can stay intact for only 2-16 hours at room temperature in its purified (extracted) form. This compound, allicin will stay viable for about 2-1/2 days, when it’s still inside its shell.
According to a research, in the absence of chopping or crushing, 60 seconds of immediate microwaving will cause the garlic to lose some of its cancer-protective properties.
However, in order to maximize the potency of the garlic, you need to let it sit for at least 10-15 minutes, before cooking it or adding it to the lemon juice.
Lemon is packed with vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system. It’s refreshing and tastes good, and on top of that, lemons are very high in bioflavonoids that destroy harmful free radicals that damage blood vessels and cause inflammation.“Plus, the invigorating smell just wakes you up and gets you started for the day.
The Many Health Benefits of Raw Honey
Raw honey is a pure, unfiltered and unpasteurized sweetener made by bees from the nectar of flowers, and according to research, if you can switch out your intake of refined sugar and use pure raw honey instead, the health benefits can be enormous.
Most of the honey consumed today is processed honey that’s been heated and filtered after it has been gathered from the hive, and unlike processed honey, raw honey does not get robbed of its incredible nutritional value and health powers.
Raw honey can help with health and physical issues like low energy, sleep problems, and seasonal allergies. Switching to raw honey may even help weight-loss efforts.
Raw Honey Garlic Lemon Shots
This recipe is very simple to make and it has maximum benefits to your health, especially during a flu outbreak and cold seasons. The recipe is consisted of very beneficial immune boosting constituents.
- 1 lemon (preferably organic)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, depending on the size of the clove(s).
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey (preferably Raw)
- First, you need to cut the lemon in halves
- Squeeze all the lemon juice out of one half of the lemon and then place it in a small bowl.
- Keep the half you extracted the juice from to be used down the line, and store the other half for later use.
- Chop the garlic and it let it sit for at least 10 minutes, then add it to the lemon juice with the cayenne pepper.
- Then, add the honey to the mix and stir all ingredients well.
- Finally, pour the entire mixture back into the lemon half, from step 3, and consume the finished product in its entirety including all the lemon pulp.
- Hold it in your hand and cup it as if you’re holding a fruit, and repeat recipe in 4 hours with the other lemon half.
Categories: Food and Nutrition