If you are suffering from foot pain or plantar fasciitis, you are well acquainted with the associated pain that can range from uncomfortable to excruciating, depending on the level of damage and how long it has gone untreated.
For those who suffer from bad cases of plantar fasciitis, or people living with arthritis and similar foot pain, many are turning to foot bath spas for relief. Non-pharmacologic treatments are equally important, especially when you have taken the maximum allowable daily dosage of medication and still have pain. Non-pharmacologic treatments like the use of foot spas are effective as adjunctive therapy; however, not all foot baths are created equal in this regard.
A luxurious soak in a warm foot spa may help relieve aches and pains, and some of these foot spas have a massage and bubble features that can be soothing. Let’s look at some foot spas options.
5 Best Home Foot Spa
Using a foot spa will provide the necessary relief to out foot pain after a long day at work, and it can be helpful for people of all ages. For treating the pain of plantar fasciitis or arthritis, the machine must-have features like heated water, rolling massage, and hydro-jets.
The heated water and hydro-jets are necessary for relaxing tension in the plantar fascia, and the massage rollers provide gentle acupressure to relieve pain and tension in the soles and heels.
They are also helpful in releasing the trigger point on the back of your calf that can be affecting the plantar fascia or foot arch. The 5 best foot spa machine (inter-alias), include:
MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
This foot massager is best suited to those suffering severe foot/leg pain, or for those suffering from serious circulation issues, and pain or cramps resulting from neuropathy or diabetes.
- Great warranty options to ensure durability
- Although it doesn’t have a heat option, there is an increase in blood circulation on your feet brought by the strong oscillation that makes you feel like you’re being treated with infrared heat.
- The oscillation produces a better blood flow not just in your feet but towards your legs also.
- The variable speed is really useful to adjust the intensity
- Can be used with your shoes on
- Built-in arch-bar for toes or heels.
- Higher price point
- Heavier and bulkier,
- can get a bit loud
- No remote control
Kendal FBD2535 Deep Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager with Motorized Rolling Massage
The Kendal FBD2535 has the whole lot you need to relieve foot pain, plantar pain and more.
- Heated water: the machine uses PTC semiconductors that heat the water quickly while preserving a consistent temperature.
- You can adjust the temperature digitally from 20 to 48 degrees Celsius with an easily visible indicator showing a blue light when the water is below 42 degrees C and a red light when it is above that temperature.
- It also comes with multi-insulation protection to safeguard you from overheating.
- Massage rollers: the machine has two motorized massage rollers to hit all the pressure points.
- Hydro-jets: Have two water jets to provide an air bubble massage.
- In addition to the above, it also has the added bonus of being deep enough to also massage your calf muscles.
- It can help reduce tightness in the soleus muscle area, which can be a source of plantar pain.
- It comes with an herbal diffuser, a pedicure stone, a waterfall function, a drainage filter with a tube to drain out the water, an anti-splash cover, and casters on the bottom to roll around from place to place.
- It has a hefty price tag of around $199 attached to its name
ETTGS Foot Spa Bath Massager
This foot spa has an attractive design and an easy to use control panel.
- The spa is deep enough to provide a comfortable massage to your feet, ankles, and calves.
- All the features are adjustable, and all the adjustments you make are clearly displayed on the control panel.
- The spa comes with a thermostat that will keep the water’s temperature at a constant level until your Massage is over.
- The rollers have a great design, and they will provide a very thorough and relaxing massage.
Overall, this is a good foot spa model, and it is well worth the money.
TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller
This spa model might not be among the most portable foot-pain relievers on the market, but it is among the most reliable and successful. Its stable wooden base and the strong pressure exerted by its rollers make it an essential addition to any home.
- Portable for use in a variety of situations around the home
- Built with tough wood that resists wear
- A bit expensive for a manual foot massager
- If used in only one foot, then it is not comfortable for use
Carepeutic Deluxe Motorized Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager
This machine comes with four motorized rollers for your calves and feet, and you can feel almost instantaneous results. The deep basin comfortable fits your feet and legs, and you can also control the heat and temperature. The massaging bubbles help to re-energize tired feet and legs. With repeated use, you might even be able to notice your varicose veins disappearing.
- The temperature can be easily adjusted ensuring that it doesn’t overheat, and you don’t burn your skin when enjoying a good massage.
- The foot massager works quietly, even though the bubbles are not similar to the ones that you see on a professional spa service.
- The bubbles let the temperature drop quickly, and the warm water gets circulated by the pump.
- You also have the benefit of the massaging water jets and the heating element that soothes tense muscles and tendons.
- It automatically turns off after 30 minutes of operation. Depending on how you look at it, but this can be a problem if you want to enjoy the Massage longer.
- The foot massager takes a bit long to get warm (nearly 30 minutes before you can start using it).
- People with unusually large feet can find it difficult to get the feet inside the massager.
Foot pain or plantar pain can be quite punishing, and many sufferers have been on a seemingly endless quest to find something to help alleviate their pain. Fortunately, there are home foot spas available that can provide relief from this particular issue.